Saturday, October 3, 2009

Crafty Saturday

I love these new three day weekends. I can spend Friday getting chores and errands done leaving Saturday completely open to play (shop and scrapbook). In my newly charged effort of getting my personal scrapbook caught up to date after a long sabbatical of working on other people's projects, I whipped out three more pages today. The first was a page about our new front fence and courtyard. What you can't tell from the photo is that the word "fence" (on top of the white fence sticker) has dimensional glaze on it.
The next was a page for the British Car Show we took the 'rents to at the end of April. Dear computer or blogger, I hate you for continuously merging in my photos sideways. I hate you so much.
The last was for Mother's Day.
Besides scrapbooking, I spent some time this morning running around downtown trying to finish up my Bunko shopping. I needed to buy five gifts and get snack candy. I found two halloween themed gifts at Bird in Hand, two at Kohl's and the last one at Made in Chico. They sell wares from local artists and farmers. One of the artists is a scrapbooker, and a really good one. She (I assume) make great blank albums and cards. I found a fall themed album for a Bunko gift and a little boy album for Susan as a birthday gift for Connor. I know with her little ones she doesn't have a spare, uninterupted minute to scrapbook anymore and I couldn't have done nearly as good a job on an album like this.
The page are actually brown paper bags that have been folded in half so that every other page has a side opening for journaling cards. Too cool!
The harvest album I picked up for Bunko is made the same way. There were other albums that were actual covered chipboard, but they were over my Bunko budget.

It's getting time for our evening constitutional. It's 67 degrees at 7:20 pm. Excellent!

No comments: