Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Punkin' Time!

I love October, and not because it's my birthday and I expect lots of gifts (which I do), but because it really starts to feel like fall. I love the colors and especially the temperatures. I know it's fall because all the stores have piles and piles of pumpkins now. And as not to repeat our pumpkinless year last year, I picked up two beauties this morning at Safeway.
Aren't they cute!? They'll be looking even better once we carve elaborate scenes of motorcycles and breweries on them. Speaking of pumpkin, look at what else I found at the store;
Oh, I know! It's like heaven on earth. The pumpkin ice cream might have already opened itself and hopped in a bowl to accompany my hot cup o' java. It was fabulous, not too sweet. I'm already daydreaming about the peppermint.

Big Hank (our truck) is at the doctor today. He didn't want to work Friday's either and refused to start this morning. He's been coughing and faking sick all week, but today he put on the big show. He was still here when I dropped off my first load of groceries this morning, but the tow truck had picked him up by the time I came back from Safeway. I might need to go drop off a sleeping bag for Chris today so that he can just stay at work over the weekend since he won't have a way out to Orland Monday morning. I should probably pack him a granola bar or two.

I've some big shopping plans this afternoon. I need to go bunko prize shopping this weekend. It's my night to host on the 13th. What's nice is that I just got a $10 off coupon for Kohl's so maybe I can find some nice Halloween stuff there.

Well, it's official, the Canadian is going to Macau (island off of Hong Kong) for a week in November right before Thanksgiving. It's for a 4-day racing extravaganza. He's not racing, but he hooked up with a motorsports magazine and got full press credentials so that he can go in all the pits and talk to the teams so that he can write an article about it. He's going with his friend, Craig, who works for New Balance and will be out there checking on some of their manufacturing plants so Chris will be able to bunk with him for free. I had to help him take his new passport photo the other night.
He's been overseas before, but his passport expired in 2007 so we had to send in for a renewal. Trust me, this photo is much better than the 1970s inspired one he had before (think yellow tinted Top Gun glasses and poofy hair [with NO gray!]).

Alright, time to boogy. Don't want to waste my whole new day off playing on the computer!

No comments: