Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bottoms up!

Today was the brewfest out at the Elk's lodge that we bought tickets for two longs months ago. Learning from last year, we decided to go over late, about an hour after it started so that we could avoid the long line to get in and the drama-rific college kid stories that go along with it. Here's what we learned about going late: a) you miss out on all the event pamphlets so you have no idea which breweries are there or where they're located, and b) people have already made a serious dent in all the food booths. Since I don't drink beer I was just there for a couple of ciders and some munchies.
I stuck with soda this year while Chris enjoyed 18 different varieties of brew.
Not so many pirate hookers this year, but I was almost attacked by a renegade Frisbee. Some drunken retards were tossing it back and forth in the empty field behind us and when the guy closest to us missed the catch it flew across our table scattering our complementary basket of pretzels to the four winds. We've decided to take a break from the brewfest in the future. Next year we're going to try the League of Women Voters' wine/beer tasting that happens in April over at California Park Pavilion. It's cheaper and has less annoying participants. Hopefully.

When we got home I finished up a scrapbook page I'd started last night. It's about when Wilson came and visited for a weekend back in March. I completely scrap-lifted the layout from a gal who's blog I follow, but that's why it looks so good!
Awww.....aren't we cute?? Next up is my Mercy Me concert I went to with Kari at Arco. But first I've got to find steal a layout for it!

1 comment:

Chris said...

the word you're looking for is "create" a layout...