Friday, June 4, 2010

Listen up

This week Chris and I are taking part of the Arbitron radio ratings survey. We both have a radio journal that we have to log all the stations, and times, we listen to. And for our hard work and effort, we each got two crisp dollar bills with our journals!
It started yesterday and goes through next Wednesday. Then we seal the journals and drop them in the mail. We're only one and a half days into it and I'm already behind. Oye! This is going to be a long week!

The other night I had a hankering to go to Target for some Brita water filters that were on sale and while there found a frequently advertised exercise fad and had to have it.
Yes, we bought the shake weight. And let me tell you what - it's kicks your butt. It says you only have to do 6 minutes a day, but if I actually did 6 minutes my arms would fall off and spontaneously burst into flames. After about a minute I'm on the floor crying. But the tears means it's working, right? Seriously, you feel it. I did it arms raised, behind my head and after about 30 seconds I was done and it was still sore the next day when I tried it again. And I used to do weights, before my surgery, but haven't done anything in the last 6 months because I can't stretch that much on the machines at the gym. But I'm still surprised that this little plastic demon is wiping the floor with me. We'll see how long it takes before both arms end up in slings!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Is this an invitation to the gun show?!!??11?

Jessica said...

You two suckers! All we had to do to get our crisp dollar bills was to fill out a super short questionnaire (mutltiple choice, folks)about our tv watching habits.