Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bring on the brownies

These treats are really for work (because of their fatty deliciousness), but I decided to make them a day early because I had more time tonight and I really wanted to be able to enjoy a piece before they got shipped off to those undiscerning piglets at work. They're called Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars and they're from a food blog that I enjoy stalking. I started by taking a short cut route and made a Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownie mix in a 9x13 instead of making it from scratch and then followed the rest of the directions. After the brownies baked, I pulled it out and covered it in mini marshmallows and then stuck it back in the oven for a couple of more minutes.
While the marshmallows baked, I melted a menage a trois of creamy peanut butter, milk chocolate chips, and butter in a sauce pan.
Once melted, a cup and a half of rice crispies joined in the party sauce. After cooling off the heat for a couple of minutes, the crunchy chocolate mixture is spread (carefully and slowly) over the cooling marshmallow brownie.
I think I may have added a wee bit too many marshmallows, hence why that layer is like 3" tall. It's currently cooling down on the counter before I tuck it in the fridge to finish hardening up before cutting a piece (or two) for the Canadian and I to enjoy after our evening constitutional.

No comments: