Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cran Orange Cookies

Instead of my usual Sunday afternoon treat baking I did it today since I knew that the kitchen would be a hot mess tomorrow amidst all the Easter baking. This week I gave cranberry orange cookies a try. Basically a shortbread recipe with a yummy stir-in of dried sweetened cranberries, pistachio nuts and orange zest.
After rolling the dough into balls I rolled them around in a fabulous orange sugar. It's literally just granulated sugar mixed with orange zest.
After a quick smush with a beer glass, they went into the oven for 10 minutes.
I've already eaten more than I'd like to admit, but they were worth every tasty bite. Hopefully there'll still be some left of the four dozen to take to work on Monday.
A nice change from my usual chocolate fare.

2 comments:

kath said...

Those look yummy and are they "Canadian proof" since they contain nuts?

Susana & Chris said...

He was surprisingly willing to look the other way and enjoy a few (large) handfuls!