Sunday, July 3, 2011

3rd of July extravaganza

Today was the big get together at my best friend, C's house, up in Paradise. It was a 3:30pm family bbq followed by a commissioning service at her church in Magalia for her family's upcoming missionary deployment to Papua New Guinea in January 2012. All of C's brothers, and families, were there as were Todd's numerous siblings. C and I visited during lunch while I marveled at how big all the little people are getting between each time I see them. There are now nine kids between C and her brothers.
As usual, Todd wowed us with his bbq prowess. I went for the pulled pork sandwiches and was not disappointed. After our bbq we gathered around for the cake cutting to celebrate C's mom's retirement from (and sale of) her assisted living facilities as well C and Todd's final six month missionary training in N Carolina that they leave for in three weeks. They ordered a special cake from Safeway in the shape of a suitcase.
After cake and coffee we caravaned up to the church in Magalia for a very nice service dedicated to C and her family. I'm very honored to have been invited to share in this special occasion with her family.

No comments: