Monday, July 4, 2011

Peanut brittle

The boy and I had this horrible game plan this morning which involved waking up at an ungodly hour (i.e. before 8:00 a.m.) and getting started on chores/outside activities before the heat set in. My plan included making my peanut brittle for work tomorrow since it involved warming up the kitchen with hot boiling liquids.
This was my first attempt at peanut brittle, but I think it's going to work. I've got it chilling out under the dining room ceiling fan so that I can start breaking it up in a little while.

I feel so productive today since I've already made my work treats, paid the church bills and did the dishes. Now I've just got a pumice stone and toilet calling my name and then I can officially kick back for the rest of the day. Niiiiice.

1 comment:

Lisa Dovichi said...

How'd the peanut brittle turn out? Can I get the recipe? It looks delicious!! :P