Friday, July 15, 2011

Bunko & Bible Study

One of the gals in my bunko group has a fabulous in-ground pool that we usual save for a warm summer month to enjoy. In any other world, the middle of July would be plenty warm enough for a nice evening swim, but this last Tuesday night was only in the low 80s so I had to settle for dipping my feet in the pool. Only eight of the twelve players could make it so my chances of actually winning one of the five prizes was pretty good. Much to my delight I ended up winning the 'last bunko' and scored a dragonfly yard ornament.
It's wings and body are made out of colored glass and it's loaded on springs so it wiggles and jiggles in the wind. For once I won a gift I actually want to keep.

Wednesday night was bible study at our house. I fed the ladies a yummy (not to the Canadian) pesto pasta salad with roasted veggies and cannellini beans, salad (with pears, candied pecans and blue cheese) and sourdough. Since I was at bunko the night before I didn't get a chance to make a homemade dessert, so I bought a frozen tiramisu torte from Traders.
It was my last study for the next two weeks since we'll be gone on vacation in Seattle and Victoria. We're getting out of town just in time to miss the returning triple digit temperatures!

No comments: