Saturday, December 17, 2011

Brew club Christmas party

Tonight was our brew club Christmas party out in Durham at the house of one of the members.It was a potluck so we brought some chicken caesar pasta salad I bought from Safeway and then repackaged into one of my own bowls so that nobody was the wiser. It was also a gift exchange so we each brought a gift bag with a 22 oz beer, a bag of chocolate crunch beer brittle made with Sierra Nevada pale ale, and a beer magazine.



After dinner we started out gift exchange. The Canadian's number was called first and his chosen gift turned out to be a beer bread mix.
When it was my turn I stole our neighbor, Cathy's, gift of three He'Brew ales, a bag of chocolate grain, and a large jar of malt extract.
But about three turns later somebody stole it from me! So I stole somebody else's magnum of Anchor Steam  2010 holiday ale. 


We got out of there around 9:00 p.m. which is much better than we feared. Our group gets really rowdy and disorganized after about the second drink, but everyone must have been on their best behavior tonight. Good  grub and good prizes - can't ask for much more than that! 



No comments: