Monday, December 19, 2011

Flourless chocolate cookies

I follow a food blog who's author makes a lot of delicious gluten free goodies even though she doesn't have to follow a gluten free diet. A couple of days ago she posted a Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Cookie recipe that, much to my delight, doesn't use flour. Instead, the base is made of powdered sugar, cocoa and baking powder which is mixed with egg whites and a tiny bit of milk. She tops her cookies with peppermint chips, but you could choose any flavor - peppermint, toffee bits, peanut butter chips, etc. Since I didn't have the mini Andes peppermint crunch chips the recipe called for I substituted some chopped up Nestle mint chips.
These are so ridiculously good! Chris ate four right off the bat and I've got three more packed up in his lunch box for tomorrow. It's the perfect size recipe since it just makes 12 cookies which is completely manageable for two people. You wouldn't even know these were flourless, they're chewy on the inside with a slight crusty outer shell. In case you're not catching my subtle hints, you should really make these cookies!

No comments: