Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dinner and a movie

Yesterday we had a movie and dinner date with my youngest sister, Wilson. We went and saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which was excellent and disturbing all at the same time. Afterwards we killed a little time at our house before heading over to the Pour House which is a new restaurant in the old La Salsa building at the corner of East and Cohasset. 



I ordered the Drunken Chicken sandwich which was a grilled chicken breast with avocado, cheese, and a chipotle aioli  sauce on grilled sourdough. I brought two slices of the special sourdough Wilson brought me for Christmas and swapped it out for restaurant bread so I could enjoy my sandwich without the morning after consequences. The Canadian ordered the beef au jus sandwich and Wilson got the pulled pork sandwich. Servings were generous and tasty and they even served their own house beers that Chris really enjoyed. Having only tried one of the five house beers I'm sure we'll be going back! 

No comments: