Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tastes like pizza

Tonight the hubs and I took a quick break from watching football (way to go Niners!!) to whip up a new chicken recipe out of the current Cooking Light issue - chicken with pepperoni-marinara sauce. Ridiculous I tell you, ridiculously good that is. Skillet cooked chicken covered in a marinara sauce that's been simmered with chopped pepperoni, garlic, oregano and basil, and then topped with mozzarella cheese before being stuck under the broiler for a few minutes.




The sauce literally tasted like you were eating a really saucy pepperoni pizza. I'm glad the Canadian liked it because he'll be eating it for lunch most of next week. I didn't realize that when you saute pepperoni it releases a bunch of it's oil which is what really flavors the marinara sauce. Now to figure out what to do with almost a whole pack of pepperoni since I only needed 16 slices for the recipe.

No comments: