Friday, January 13, 2012

Time to get beautiful

For the second time in 2011 I ordered Today's Special Value from QVC and it just arrived on Monday.
A Laura Geller makeup kit. Eyelid and makeup primers, a dual eye shadow powder, a foundation powder, and a blush powder. They're great colors and I've been wearing them all week.

Tuesday night we went to the movies and saw Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I really wanted to see it, but I found it to be kind of boring. Lots and lots of talking and not one bit of action. I prefer car chases, shoot outs, gratuitous nudity, and explosions. You know, the American dream on the big screen.

Tonight I tried another new recipe - Asian dumplings. They're basically homemade potstickers. I filled won ton wrappers with a cream cheese shrimp mixture (with water chestnuts, green onion, red bell pepper, teriyaki sauce, and soy sauce) and seared them in a non stick skillet before steaming them for a few minutes.



A little time consuming for a regular work night dinner, but really tasty and fairly easy. I made sure to take drugs so that the wheat laden won ton wrappers don't kick my ass tomorrow like earlier in the week when we ate the buffalo chicken cup leftovers. That was brutal. We've been really lucky this last week with some really good recipes. Tomorrow is another new meal out of my latest Cooking Light magazine. Chicken breasts covered in a cheesy, pepperoni marinara sauce - how can that not be a winner?

No comments: