Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Abba Zabbas

Phew! Am I glad to be almost done with this week. I've had extracurricular activities every night this week. I had union negotiations Monday night, singing practice Tuesday night, a retirement party last night and an Emergency Operations Center meeting tonight at work. I think Chris feels like I left him for dead.

I bet you didn't know that I am part of a rock karaoke band named the Abba Zabbas. That's the singing practice I had Tuesday night. We were rehearsing for our co-worker, Cathy's, retirement party last night. I'm one of the front-(wo)men. Our song was "Dancing Queen" by Abba (hence our band name). Usually we go by the name "The Barricades" and we sing at Town Christmas functions. We're too cool to be believed. Check it out:

That's me on the left in the blue dress and mini fro.
"Cause you are the dancing queen...."
"young and sweet, only seventeen...."

Move over Miley Cyrus, here comes Abba Zabba! We already got booked for a second engagement this coming Saturday night at a fundraiser for college scholarships. Don't be jealous, not everyone can pull off a look like that!

No comments: