Sunday, August 17, 2008

Too much fun to handle

We had a pretty low key weekend. Went a saw Batman yesterday. Enjoyed it, but by the last half an hour I was super fidget magee because my butt can't sit in those seats for that long. Then that evening we just hung out at home and watched some Olympics. We ended up going to the gym to go swimming last night instead of Friday since we were at the 'rents Friday night visiting.

This morning I slept in till 9:00 am and yes, it was glorious. Sunday is my run around and get stuff done day. I did a little baking this morning (more zucchini bread), did laundry, cleaned my bathroom, ironed and ran some errands (scrapbook store and book store). In the afternoon Chris and I went to Target to check out some of their sale items. They had a Singer sewing machine on sale that I was interested in (for a birthday gift from Chris) and a sleeper couch and a floor fan. We ended up liking a different sewing machine better once we could see them in person and since it wasn't on sale there was no rush to get it. The sleeper couch had some punk kids on it so I couldn't try it out, but we ended up getting a fan which I'm currently enjoying. We ran over to Big Lots, too, to check out their sleeper couches, but they didn't have anything good. I did score a bunko gift there though. I host in October so it's never to early to start scoping out the gifts.

We had the 'rents over for dinner tonight. We were already scheduled to have fish so I just ran over to S&S and bought some more. We made some more of the delicious cajun catfish and some teryaki mahi mahi. I made some garlic shell pasta and sauteed squash with it, too. Yum.

It only got in the mid eighties today so we were able to go for a walk tonight after dinner. Instead of swimming we just went and did some weights. We got back in time to catch the start of the women's individual aparatus gymnastics. All the better enjoyed once I go get a popcicle....

No comments: