Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Little Helper

Yesterday afternoon my sister, brother-in-law and nephew came over for a little visit. They just got into town from Washington to attend a weekend wedding. I'd been saving Jessica's birthday presents until she was here so I was able to foist them off on her when she got here. Tyler apparently didn't think a gift bag counted as wrapping so he wanted to help me wrap all the presents inside the bag. I ended up cutting him a piece of wrapping paper and giving him a picture frame to wrap while I stood by and gave him pieces of tape on his command. I think he's got a knack for it and should look for a seasonal Christmas wrapping job.

Is five bows enough or too much?? Keep in mind the picture frame is small and about the size of one green bow.

We had plans with the 'rents this morning. Chris went over and helped Mr. A. paint the inside of the garage while I took Mum to the farmer's market. When Mum's basket got so full that she couldn't carry anymore we called it a day. I got a mixed bag of squash, cucumbers and some peaches. Mum bought a bouquet of flowers, but only could fit half of them in her vase so we ended up with a lovely bunch of flowers, too.

Mum made us lunch before we left around 12:30. We ran home dropped off our farmer's market loot and went over to Barnes and Noble where we ran in to my mom as she was leaving. We enjoyed some magazines and iced coffee for a while before heading back home. I have to leave here around 5:30 for a shindig in Paradise this evening. My karaoke group is singing at a college scholarship fundraiser tonight. Rehearsal is at 6:00 pm, the program starts at 7:00 pm and unfortunately we don't perform until towards the end. I was hoping for a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am kind of evening. So much for having an evening off this week....

No comments: