Friday, August 15, 2008

Hot like hellfire damnation

New flash; it's frickin' hot! Since it's Friday I'm home early soaking up the surface of the sun rays. Ahhh...fabulous. Granted, it hasn't got into triple digits at our house (97.7 right now), but it's hot enough. Ugh.

On my way home today I stopped at the scrapbook store and picked up my pre-ordered calendar series kit. This year they're doing three, 4 month kits. I didn't get the first four months, but the May - August set was too cute to pass up. The kits are $40 each, but I had a full stamped card discount, so it only cost me $30. Woo hoo! May is family themed, June is camping (for all that crazy camping we do every year!), July is All American Summer (baseball, bbq, swimming), and August is travel (and my favorite).

You do realize, this is the third kit I've bought from the scrapbook store and I've yet to do any of them. Hmmm....

It's official: I'm addicted to the Olympics. In fact I'm watching the gymnastics we dvr'd from last night. I already know who wins, but I still wanted to watch it. We've both been up every night until midnight watching Michael Phelps, the gymnists, women's beach volleyball, and some other yeah-who's. We even stayed up for the opening ceremony. Sorry, I just got distracted by some Michael Phelps story on TV, but I'm back now. See what I mean?

Wednesday night was Bunko up in booney-ville Magalia (higher than I used to live). I was one game shy of winning "most wins" which would have been a beautiful turquoise blue glass bowl. Oh well, better luck next month.

Thursday night was our first bible study since our summer hiatis. We had it here. Since it was a bagillion degrees Chris and I made a yummy salad for dinner. We mixed lettuce, halved orange, yellow and red cherry tomatoes, avocado, hard boiled egg, blue cheese & feta crumbles, and cut up soy "chicken" buffalo (spicy) style nuggets. With it we had some sliced sourdough with butter. Everyone loved it. For dessert I had made a lemon fluff cake the night before. I mixed 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 can of ff sweetened condensed milk, and an 8 oz container of ff cool whip and then dumped it all in a premade reduced fat graham cracker crust. It came out really good. Not too tart, not too sweet. I did notice today though that there was a little liquid seepage from the crust of the leftovers. I bet it's the lemon juice seperating.

Somebody's birthday (who might possibly be related to me) is next week and I might have shipped her presents today. Maybe. Assuming I had a sister turning 20 whom I even liked enough to do such a thing. I guess she'll have to wait and see.

Ahhhh sweet Jesus, now it's 98.1! That's it, I'm going to go crawl in an ice bath. Oh wait, it's only 80.1 inside where I'm at, I guess I'm okay. Alright I've got to go, the girls are about to start the uneven bars....

No comments: