Saturday, August 9, 2008

Farmer Hartman

To avoid having to run errands and doing yard work in the heat I set my alarm this morning so I was up by 7:15 am. Ugh. We had some quick breakfast and went to OSH and the farmers market. Bought way too many bags of garden soil and manure at OSH and found some very nice starter plants at the farmers market. We picked lemon cucumbers, regular cucumbers, crookneck squash, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. Mmmmm.....
When we got home we got started on the jungle in the backyard. I had the job of taking the shovel head and jabbing it in the ground to break the ivy roots. That stuff takes over like crazy. While I did that Chris followed with the rake-thingy pulling up all the ivy trailers. Once we got a spot cleared we shoveled up the top couple of inches of dirt, lifting out the plastic liner that had been laid down by the previous owners. We positioned our less then level planter frame and started filling it with the magical bagged soil. Everything should be ripe in a week, right??
Unfortunately today's shopping excursion is going to take about 3 different trips to different stores. I already went to CholoMaxx this morning, but I still have to go to Trader Jose's and Safeway. The good news is that it's already 12:45 pm, but only 78 degrees. I think I can make it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

(Bellowing laugh) Ha, ha haaah! Fools....they don't know what they are getting themselves into! Wait, is that just my nightmare?