Sunday, May 31, 2009

BBQ-ing for Jesus

For Pentecost Sunday we had one big service and a bbq afterwards in our front yard at church as a fundraiser for the summer youth camp. It was also t-shirt Sunday, but I couldn't bring myself to wear a t-shirt at church so it sat in the car.
Eldon and Joe, who sit in front of me at first service, bbq-ing hot dogs and hamburgers. I sing with Eldon's wife, Rose.
The loooong line of salads and desserts. I found a couple of tasty pasta salads and the most wonderful dessert. It was some sort of cherry crunch. Cherry pie filling topped with a crunchy topping made out of crushed pecans (?) and coconut. It was so stinkin' delicious.
There were more people than seats, but it worked out that the first ones to eat were done by the time the end-of-the-liners were coming through. I hung out long enough to watch the last scoop of my salad be taken, then I packed it up and came home.

Mr. A and Chris are tinkering in the garage working on manly engine things. I better put my thinking cap on because I know as soon as the Canadian comes in he'll be hungry. He hasn't eaten since 8:00 am. Hmmm....top ramen perhaps?

No comments: