Friday, May 15, 2009

World Bunko Domination

It was Bunko, bible study and praise team (singing) practice this week. I'm sure Chris has just assumed I moved out since he's only seen me for about two minutes all week. Tuesday night was Bunko waaaaay up in the boones of Nimshew (top end of Magalia). The only good part of having it at Lucille's is that she always makes wonderfully delicious snacks and dessert. Her husband is Italian and he always makes fresh focaccia bread and this time he stuffed it pizza fixings. I didn't actually have any, but it sure smelled good. My favorite was a spicy cilantro dip (I know, cilantro is the devil's herb) that I was dipping crackers into. It's a powder mix you stir into sour cream. She got it at some home spice party. Anyway, for the first time in what seems like ages I finally won a bunko prize! I won 'most 5's'. That's rolling 3 of a kind of any number other than the one we're rolling for and it's worth 5 points. A bunko is when you roll 3 of the number you are rolling for.
It was a container of votive candles and a gift card to Coco Amatrice, a specialty chocolate shop in P-town.
Wednesday night was bible study at Joanna's house. She just finished having her kitchen remodeled, but hasn't had a chance to upack all her things out of boxes so she fed us Moongate Chinese for dinner. It was good for vegetarian (we have a wanna-be vegan in the group, ugh).

Thursday night was praise team practice. I was asked to fill in for somebody who will be gone on Sunday. It was fun and nice to meet the other singers. They were all very nice. Even when I started to unknowingly sing the men's part.

I took today and Monday off from work. I have a TON of vacation hours and I need to start whittling them down. Today I just wasted half my day grocery shopping. I had a coupon for a 15 pack of Fuze juice drinks at Costco so I made a special trip out there. Same with Raley's, they had a sale on their frozen soy products so I swung by there special just for those. I was laying tracks all over this town!

I bought some top sirloin steaks yesterday at Holiday for Chris to bbq tonight (hopefully without having to coax a mouse out of the bbq again!). I have some cheesy mashed potatoes and salad to go with them. Store bought lettuce for our salads tonight, but we have been dining on our homemade lettuce. It's pretty tasty. When I went out to the garden to take inventory earlier today I saw that the paddy pan squash is getting big and fatty. As is the crookneck squash. I think we're just going to have to chalk up the red bell pepper as a total failure. It only has two stumpy, chewed up stalks sticking up. Apparently it has better things to do than grow like a respectable pepper.

I think we're having Mum over for dinner tomorrow night. Mr. A. is gone for like another half a week in Orygun. I'm going to make the crockpot lasagna I made for my b.s. group a couple months ago. It was so delicious and unbelievably easy. I mean, it's not as easy as going to her house for dinner, but whatever. I'm not bitter.

No comments: