Monday, May 18, 2009

Playing Hooky

I spent my day off today tooling around downtown doing a little birthday shopping...and maybe picking up a thing or two... or six or seven for me.

One of my stops was at Kohl's where I picked up a couple of little goodies:
I know it's summer time, but it was on super clearance for $15 so I couldn't pass it up. I also picked up some new summer kicks:
I also got some new bermuda shorts and found some tank tops at K-Mart:
I did manage to spend a little time at home this afternoon during which I checked on our veggies. The crockneck squash it getting soooo big! And now we have a couple of baby cherry tomatoes and a baby eggplant.

Since it was another hot day today (mid 90s) I decided to make some nice, cool Cobb salads for dinner tonight. They included rows of beets, hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, chicken, cherry tomatoes and gorgonzola cheese (mine also had avocado). His was topped with blue cheese dressing and mine had fat free ranch. It was quite delicious.
Apparently I'm expected back at work tomorrow. How lame is that?? Who wants to go back to work after a four day weekend? Oh well, I only have to work Tuesday-Thursday because Friday I have a 2-hour purchasing conference in Chico in the afternoon so I don't have to drive up the hill in the morning and then the following Monday is Memorial Day which we both get off. My only goal for the week is to figure out what to get Andrew for his birthday bbq Friday night!

No comments: