Saturday, May 30, 2009

Working at the car wash, yeah

Today was car wash day up in P-town at noon. I had enough time this morning to make blueberry pancakes and bust over the to farmer's market for any last minute things I couldn't live without. I walked away with a bag of snap peas and a basket of blackberries. When I got up to the Boys and Girls club they were in a car washing lull, but soon cars started pouring back in. I brilliantly left my camera at home, but my co-worker Amy was taking pictures. I did that until 2:00 pm and then I had to boogy to the Pampered Chef party. I bought some replacement spices and three new cookbooks. I showed real restraint because there were lots of new bamboo serving platters that I absolutely loved, but would have had to shell out about $170 for the whole set. Ugh. When I got home at around 3:30, I got a good look at the sweet "tan" I got today at the car wash.
The only other plan I had for the day was to make my broccoli salad for our church potluck tomorrow. I ran over to the dollar tree and picked up a plastic bowl because I've lost too many bowls/platters at potlucks to use my own anymore. The salad is done and in the fridge stewing in all the awesome flavors.
Now we're just enjoying some sweet Lawrence Welk on PBS. A trio of men are playing music and singing in blah light tan suits that exactly match their skin tones and perfectly coifed fluffy hair. Wait a second! This next lady is totally lip synching! Lawrence Welk, have you no shame?! Don't clap for her, audience of idiots, this is a total sham! Must find something else respectable, pronto.

No comments: