Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Best gift ever

Today I took our gifts up to C. and our nephews, Andrew and Connor. I made sure to get each of them the same number of gifts and of about the same importance so there was no fighting and tears. Andrew got a Timex watch that helps teach him how to read a clock and a Thomas the Train reading book. Connor got a Thomas the Train puzzle and book, both of which he did a jig of happiness over when he opened them.
Thomas the Train is a big deal in the Smith household. In exchange the boys gave me some gifts that included a set of framed prints, a new apron, and the most awesome toilet mug ever. After working with septic systems for 10 years I couldn't imagine a more appropriate gift for me.
I also scored some more loot from co-workers this morning during the four hours we had to work today. One gal gave me a set of four candles, some homemade boysenberry jam, and a glittery ornament. Then the assistant mega-boss gave me a bottle of red wine. This is the same boss lady who was about to make my head explode yesterday with her b-word attitude. Now I feel guilty for all the bad things I said about her yesterday. I'm sure that was her plan - she's evil like that!

Chris has to work one more day, but I get tomorrow off with my most pressing plans revolving around a lunch date with my sister. Now to decide where we're going....

No comments: