Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our little secret

I stopped at Costco this morning right when they opened under the guise of buying more protein shakes for the Canadian, but may have accidentally slipped out with a new Cuisinart Griddler.
Don't tell the Canadian though, he thinks I need more kitchen appliances like I need a hole in the head. But look at it - it's got reversible plates that make it a grill, griddle and panini press.
I flipped one of the plates so you could see the two designs. Plus, it opens up to lay flat.
I had a coupon that came in the last Costco mailer so it only cost $60 with tax. You can't even walk in the front doors for less than $50 so I think that's a great deal! I shall now devote the rest of my life to making delicious paninis.

I had my nail appointment up in p-town today so after my Costco run, I cruised up the hill got my nails done and then had lunch at a Chinese restaurant with Pam, an old co-worker (since retired). It was just starting to sprinkle when I was leaving so I made it home just in time to avoid the impending rain.

Now that I'm healed enough, I'm back to singing practice tonight so I'll be spending the rest of the afternoon practicing the song set. Then maybe tomorrow I'll knock out a little baking. I did a run to Safeway yesterday to pick up a mishmash of baking essentials, just in case I might need any of it for a particular recipe.
I've got my eye on some gingerbread cupcakes with cardamom frosting and a lemon bundt.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Anyone need a George Foreman grill? Because ours was just rendered obsolete.

Susana & Chris said...

No, no, no, I still need to Foreman to grill chicken. Duh!

sean said...

It is technically possible to walk into Costco and leave without buying anything, it's just really hard. Tracie and I managed it on Saturday night, but that's probably the first time in history.

Of course shortly after leaving we remembered that we wanted to buy something else that they did have, but forgot about it at the time. It wasn't really a "win" after all.

And I like "the griddler" -- seems like it should be a comic book villain. He'd battle George Foreman, his arch-nemesis, obviously.