Friday, March 4, 2011

Official brewmasters

Last night Chris and I met at Sierra Nevada at 8:00 pm for our anniversary dinner. I couldn't believe that at 8:00 pm on a Thursday night there was still a wait! Since we never do it, we splurged and got an appetizer - fried calamari.
As usual, Chris got the sausage platter, but I tried something new and got the Greek flatbread.
It was a warm pizza crust covered in a hummus spread and then topped with a Greek salad (cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, baby greens, sliced red onion, kalamata olives, and feta cheese). It was served with a side of cucumber yogurt, but I didn't use it. It was equally good fresh as it was as chilled leftovers.

We met so late for dinner because Chris was at the brewery attending his first home brew club meeting. He actually signed us up as a couple so that I could attend events, like the upcoming Sacramento pub crawl, at a reduced rate. For our membership dues we got these super cute mini tasting glasses;
Perfectly sized for my jagermeister nightcaps!

No comments: