Saturday, September 22, 2012

A trip down cemetery lane

After a bright and early morning of bike riding and softball throwing, we had some (gluten free) biscuits and gravy and then headed over to the cemetery for a late morning walk. We've been wanting to go over and check out the headstones since the cemetery goes back to the early 1800's.


We were there for about an hour and only made it around the perimeter. The oldest gravestone we could find was from 1803. The old ones were really ornate with big family plots. As the temps continue to drop we'll definitely we heading back for more long walks.

While we were out and about we stopped at Cash & Carry and starting stocking up on Halloween candy because it's never too early to have hundreds of pieces of temptation in the house, right?
We took a sacred vow not to open the bags yet otherwise there'll be nothing left come Halloween. I've got my eye on one last bag that has Abba-Zabas, Big Hunks, and something else in a red wrapper I've since forgotten. I wish I'd let the Canadian hide them because I hear them sweetly singing my name and unfortunately I know right where they're at. Sweet baby Jesus, give me strength!

No comments: