Friday, September 28, 2012

Hot Friday dates

We hardly ever go out to eat, but I ate out both lunch and dinner today. After weeks of planning, I finally had  lunch with Pam, our retired receptionist from work, at the Mennonite Cafe on Hagen Ln. I actually stopped there this morning at 7:00 am on my way to work and picked up some of their frozen dinners to take to a friend who is doing 24 hour care for her terminally ill father. Just throw them in the oven and you've got yourself some delicious chicken pot pies and cheesy chicken potatoes. The Mennonites are excellent bakers.
After a couple of hours of girl talk I came home and waited for the Canadian who was coming home from a job site in P-town for our dinner date at the super high-brow restaurant, La Comida.
I got all confused because Chico doesn't give you your chips and salsa at the counter like P-town does, they have a worker come by and hook you up. We had dinner early (i.e., 4:00 p.m.) so it was just us and our kind - the over 70 crowd. After dinner I talked the boy into going next door to the stationary/craft store so that I could ogle over all of the fall/Halloween decorations. While there I found some earrings that desperately wanted to come home with me so the boy bought them for me as an early birthday present.
The store has a rewards card for these brand earrings that when you've purchased a total of five pairs you mail in a post card (that has stickers from each of the purchases) to the company in VT and you get a free pair of your choice. And trust me, it won't be hard to find three more pairs that I want. There were two others on the display case that I would have gladly taken also. Free pair, here I come!

No comments: