Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Figgy Puddin'

I've had more figs these last two weeks than I've had in my whole life. My co-worker, Dina, has two neighbors that grow both mission figs and strawberry figs. I recognized the mission figs, but I'd never heard of the strawberry figs she brought in today, but there were just as tasty.
As you can see the main difference is that the skin is bright green instead of the dark purplish/black that mission figs are. And I didn't think these were quite as sweet, but that's not a bad thing. I'd never had figs before last week and now I've probably had a half-dozen of each kind. Nom, nom, nom.

So, I've got three days left in my week long activity assessment with my clip-on exercise monitor. At the end of each day (that I remember) I download the day's activities to the computer and get a peek at what my activity levels for the day were.
It's interesting to see that I get way more constant activity at work than I do at home on the weekends. On the weekends I usually have a late night evening peak (like above) when we go to the gym, but the rest of the day is pretty mellow spent parked on the couch. On workdays I have a 5:00 a.m. peak when I exercise as well as constant activity during the day and another peak at night when we go on our walk. I've still got three more days to go, but so far I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing.

Who wanted a new tea mug at work, but couldn't decide on one so she bought a small army's worth?
Because you can never have to many corny mugs, right?

No comments: