Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back in the kitchen again

I've been holding on to a recipe for the past week or so that I thought would be a big hit at work and looked relatively easy to make - Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Bars. It's a bar made with a layer of graham cracker dough,
topped with full size peanut butter cups,
Then a layer of marshmallow fluff (or creme like I used),
Finally the whole thing is topped off with more graham cracker dough and then baked off for about 30 minutes.
After letting it sit for at least 2 hours to set up, you can cut it up into bars and serve to hungry Canadians.
A little too sweet for me, but I'm sure the little piglets at my work will love it!

While the bars were baking I was busy whipping up another recipe from my new Cooking Light issue - Maple Stout Quick Bread. As soon as the bars came out of the oven I slid the bread loaf in for about 45 minutes. After completely cooling I topped it with a maple glaze and cut us some pieces to try.
Hooooooooly crap, this was the most delicious bread I've ever made! I even swapped out all of the flour for the gluten free all-purpose flour (Better Batter) my mom got me at Christmas so I could eat the whole loaf without dying. It's got chocolate stout in the batter which gives it a wonderful aroma and the glaze gives it just the right amount of sweetness. Just looking at the photo makes me want to go back into the kitchen and get another slice it's that good!

No comments: