Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Battle of the Birthdays

Chris received his birthday present in the mail from the 'rents today:

A burro card and some sort of metal drill bit, or something. The card included the fact that a donation had been made to a burro rescue farm in Chris' name. Let me remind you again about what I got:
That's right, a jacket from Coldwater Creek with a tag reading $99.50. You decide who the 'rents like better.

So my friend Poppy is getting married next weekend (while I'm in Portland) and Sarah has put together a little dinner of friends this Friday at Tres Hombres. Since I can't go to the wedding I'm bringing Poppy's presents with me to the dinner to give to Sarah to take on my behalf. These are items honest to God off of her registry at Target:
I promise, I'm not making this up. But seriously, wouldn't you rather have Ho Hos and Twinkies over a new iron or toaster? Their registry was full of games, movies and snack food. I should have registered for Que Bueno cheese sauce.

No comments: