Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bunko Night

Tonight was my month to host bunko. That translates into somehow shoveling 12 women inside my petite house. We use the kitchen table and I set up two card tables/chairs in the living room (we have to put the ottomans in the other room to fit it all). As hostess you are responsible for providing candy for the tables, drinks, dessert and the prizes. Most of us also provide a little snack food for those that don't have time for dinner. I made pizza bagels and dip with crackers and cucumbers. I like hosting because that means that I don't have to drive home afterwards. 10 of the 12 members live up the hill (most in upper Magalia) so I relish the times it's in Chico.
Here's a shot of some of the 'bunko babes'. They're obviously a bit older than me.
I bought festive spooky table clothes for the card tables.
We keep track of our wins with stickers so I made sure to provide some appropriately themed stickers. I don't know which is cuter, the pirate kitty or the devil pug. The witch has google eyes.
For dessert I made a lemon cake recipe out of the latest Kraft kitchen magazine. It's a yellow cake mix with a lemon pudding base. It was good, but would have been better if the pudding was tart and not sweet. Everyone liked it though, and that's the goal.
I won "most 5's" (which is a certain dice roll) and got this fall yard stake. I think it looks cuter in the flower vase and I'll actually get to see it that way!

No comments: