Saturday, October 4, 2008

I to the K to the E to the A

Who had yummy breakfast and productive shopping at IKEA today? That'd be me! We had our $1.99 breakfast of potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon and french toast sticks (Chris also got a side of swedish pancakes). Mmm Mmm. Then we hit the store with the 'rents and did some shopping. We got two new wall shelves, some more closet clothes baskets for me, some bowls and of course more meatballs!
Chris being artistic on his pink kitty stool.
The 'rents in one of a dozen areas that required them to make a decision. Tick tock, tick tock.
Me in my dream kitchen. The island was large enough to crawl up on and go to sleep!
Us cheesing around at the end of the store waiting for 'rents to finish up and join us so we could load up their furniture and get in the check out lines. It was a long wait.

We actually got out of there for only $100. Last time I think we dropped around $250, so it was quite an improvement. If you can get through there only looking at the floor it's much easier. Otherwise they use their Swedish mind control to make you buy all the super cute stuff you have absolutely no use for. They almost got me to buy some outdoor hanging lanterns (for all that time we don't spend outdoors). See, they're tricky like that.

After dinner tonight we're going to Barnes and Nobles for a little coffee and magazine time, then to CholoMaxx to do our grocery shopping. I also need to stop at Target and look for a birthday gift for Connor's party tomorrow. I thought I'd find better stuff at IKEA for him, but it's really either geared for new babies or older kids. I did get some animal finger puppets though that Susan can use on him.

For dinner tonight we're having sweet and sour chicken over rice. It's a frozen packet I just need to bake and then make some rice on the side. It looks good enough.

No comments: