Thursday, October 30, 2008

We're in Portland!

Day one of our Oregon vacation is underway. We arrived in Portland today around 2:00 pm. Just in time to throw our stuff in our room and scoot our way down the block for lunch at a brewery. The best brewery food I've had yet. I had a chicken BLT and salad. It was soooo good. The canadian had a plate of meat, pickled veggies and some beer. We've spent all afternoon wandering around downtown exploring all the shops for my birthday purse. There's a mall of sorts called Pioneer Place downtown that's got Nordstroms, Saks 5th Ave, J Crew, Kate Spade (where I found a super cute cranberry purse), Banana Republic and Ann Taylor.

This is in the skywalk that spans the malls over the street:

Our room at the Govenor:
The weather's okay. It's in the 60s and overcast. We had a couple of sprinkles land on us while we were strolling the streets, but nothing too bad. We're going to a semi-fancy place for dinner tonight. It's on the 30th floor of the US Bankcorp building downtown and has views of the whole area. We're hoping it's not too bad on a Thursday night. The 'rents gave us some birthday money for the trip so this is how we've decided to spend it (and lord knows we will!).

The only thing I've bought so far was mulling spices and Williams & Sonoma (a giant magical cooking store). They actually had samples of mulled cider and that won me over. I didn't buy the $20 cider (I think I can find a better deal at CholoMaxx), but we did get two containers of mulling spices. Yummy!

We're just hanging out at the hotel room watching Batman and drinking a pumpkin spice latte from the Starbucks down in the lobby waiting for it to be late enough for dinner. Not only do we have a Starbucks downstairs, but we also have a Jake's grill which as part of our reservation package, we have four $8 comp breakfast tickets to. So I know where we'll be having breakfast!

No comments: