Friday, October 31, 2008

Japanese Gardens & Surprise Guest

The main goal today was to see the Japanese Gardens. We started our day downstairs at Jake's Grill for breakfast (we have comp tickets there) and admired the rain from our window seat. After breakfast we went back up to our room to re-evaluate our walking plan and get an umbrella. We headed off to Chinatown and to see the Chinese Gardens:
We didn't actually go inside because it was still raining and we didn't want to walk around wet gardens. Instead we kept walking a few blocks and caught the rail to the Lloyd Center which is pretty much a giant mall. At the Macy's I found my birthday purse (a gold, croc pleather Guess purse) and finally used my Macy's gift card from the 'rents for some cute brown ked shoes. We had lunch at Kell's Irish Pub (bangers and mash for him and a buffalo chicken sandwich for me) and then hiked the 5 million blocks over to the Japanese Gardens:




More photos later, somebody's apparently going to die without food soon.

Anyway, our surprise guest at the Japanese Gardens???? Mr. Watson, my 6th grade teacher! He came in shortly after us, so towards the end of the tour when I saw him again I ran over and introduced myself and we chatted. How funny is that?? And then he was leaving the same time as us so we walked out together too. He was visiting his sister in Portland. Small world.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Get Out!! Mr. Watson! Wow, that is a surprise! I knew the Japanese Gardens would be beautiful this time of year...love those Japanese maples. You could have gone into the Chinese Gardens too, they have lots of gravel pathways and bridges.