Friday, June 12, 2009

America's New Top Model

Woo hoo, it's Friday already! It was a fairly busy week for me. Tuesday night was Bunko. Thankfully it was in town (back behind my old Scottwood Rd house) so I didn't have to drive 20 minutes up into the boonies. I killed a little time after work by grabbing a chicken breast sandwich from Subway and relaxing at the duck pond. I read the newspaper and did my bible study homework. I actually had to go get my coat from the car because it was so cool and windy. No complaints about having to wear a jacket in June.
I didn't win anything at bunko, but that's okay because each of the prizes were sets of glasses(?). Someone tried to foist theirs off on me but I was having none of it!

On Wednesday when I got into work I had a boquet of mini tulips on my desk from a co-worker. I had offered to help her financially with something personal and she was grateful for the offer.
That night was bible study at Denise's, but she thought it was at my house so when she figured it out she made last minute plans for us to go to Moongate for dinner and our study. It was good stuff. Afterwards Lulu had me follow her home (she lives on the other end of Ceres) because she forgot some cherries at home she was going to bring to share with the group. So we scored another basket of cherries and she sent home a nectarine/apricot hybrid fruit from the farmer's market for Chris. I didn't even get all the way in the door before he grabbed it out of my hand and started in on it.
Yes, he's wearing a headband. He got it at Big 5 last weekend. He says it's for working out in the garage, but I don't see a lot of working going on here. I see a man wearing boxers, watching TV, sporting a super cool farmer's tan, eating a apri-rine/necta-cot(?). Enjoy!

Thursday, the girls at work took Kari out to lunch at Sophia's Thai Cuisine (old Manny's chili bowl). It was so yummy. We ordered a bunch of stuff and shared and found some real winners. Besides the few who complained it was "too spicy" (whatever!), it was an enjoyable lunch.
Dear Thai food, I love you. Peanut sauce, I love you even more.

We watched Gran Torino last night. I didn't really have any desire to see it, but it turned out to be really good and made me have a little tear at the end.

After work today I went to Colleen and got my hair cut. It's nice and short in the back now, and angled down towards my chin. My sassy summer style. I'm saving my normal Friday afternoon grocery shopping for tonight, but I did make it to Target and Costco. I'd been holding on to the second rejected swimsuit in my trunk for two weeks, but I finally got it back to Costco and got my balboas back. Curses to you Costco and your dumb swimsuits and lack of dressing rooms!

Um, I watching Paula Deen "scrapbook". I look like the grandmaster wizard compared to her.

No comments: