Friday, June 19, 2009

Produce Progress

While I was doing a garbage run, I spied on our little budding garden. I'm so proud of it's progress.

The crookneck squash has totally gone gangbusters. The first round started off good, but then they separated off the vine and died. Really strange, but a whole other group followed shortly afterwards and they seem to be doing better.
And look at the little eggplant! It's a japanese eggplant so it's just going to get longer, not really fatter.
There's a couple of baby lemon cucumbers getting started.
The cherry tomatoes are even ready to start picking.
These tomatoes however, apparently did not get the memo that they're supposed to be cherry tomatoes and not beefsteaks.
The paddy pan's though have decided to be little party pooping punks. All they're interested in doing is growing a little bit and then shriveling up. Seriously, WTF?
I'm ready to vote them off the island.

Tonight I'm trying Jessica's chicken noodle pasta dish. I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded all the meat earlier. Now I'm getting ready to start julienning the veggies. Thankfully my mandolin slicer has a julienne slicing blade on it or I'd quite possibly come out of this whole cooking adventure with only 8 fingers. This had better be good Jessica!!

No comments: