Sunday, June 7, 2009

I was duped!

As I mentioned, I completely fell in love with ciders yesterday at the brewfest. My favorite was Wyder's Pear. It was heaven in a glass. Followed very closely by their raspberry flavor. So, tonight while I was at Raley's I checked out their beer isle and found a six-pack of Wyder's pear for $9.99! I'm not quite desperate enough to pay those prices so I passed, but I found some single big bottles further down the isle for only $3.29. Unfortunately they didn't have pear in the big bottles, only raspberry and peach. I grabbed the peach since I hadn't tried it yet and upon further inspection once I got home look what I found:
It's made by dirty Canadians! Oh sweet Jesus, I've been duped! Not wanting the Canadians terrorists to win, I drank it anyway, but it wasn't as good as the pear. Good, but not earth shattering. Go to the store and get some pear immediately! Except for Anni. She has to stick with apple juice.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm intrigued! I tried to send Rick to the store, but he said..."tonight?!". Geez, it's right up the road, what's the big deal? Looks like I'll be waiting until tomorrow to taste this delightful beverage.

Anni said...

And I'll be waiting until August.