Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bible Study Eats

Tonight was b.s. at Lulu's house. She lives on the other half of Ceres, but it was too hot tonight to walk. I love Lulu's night because she always makes some kind of homemade magical dessert with her baking school talents. Tonight she did not disappoint. First off though was our main meal of homemade eggplant parmesan, salad (with homemade dressing), green beans and french bread.
Then the lights dimmed and the angels announced the arrival of the most delicious fruit pie any of us had ever had.
Homemade apricot pie. From apricots off her own tree. In all fairness it was actually her husband, Bill, who made the pie, but Lulu is capable of the same deliciousness. It was absolutely to die for and all of us proclaimed it the best pie we'd ever eaten.

Chris meanwhile stayed at home and ate tuna pasta roni.

Last night I made the new Rachael Ray recipe I mentioned earlier. Soy chorizo and shrimp mixed with seared red onions, red bell peppers and a Mexican Anaheim pepper over homemade mashed potatoes. It was actually really tasty with just enough leftovers for Chris to take for lunch the next day. Having tasted the homemade mashed potatoes I realize now that I could just use instant potatoes next time without sacrificing any flavor, yet saving on much effort.

My co-worker Curtis is out today and tomorrow so I'm having to cover the building counter. Not my favorite, but it keeps me busy. And on my feet all day. When I got in the car to drive home my feet started aching from having stood all day in heels. I should wear nurses clogs tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow will be as quite at work as today was. Now that I've been off the counter for a couple of years I have no patience for customers and their dumb questions anymore. I hope my fake smile doesn't get stuck on my face from making it all day!

2 comments:

Anni said...

If "nurses clogs" means crocs, we're not related any more.

Susana & Chris said...

Nooooo, I will never wear Crocs!!! I meant like hush puppies.