Friday, June 5, 2009

Baked Delights

I made a recipe this week out of my new Gooseberry Patch cookbook. It was a Homestyle Chicken and Rice casserole.
I've posted this stupid picture in the blog numerous times and it insists on merging in sideways. I give up. Anyway you can see how creamy and delicious it looks. And it was. Canned chicken mixed with instant rice, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth and all topped with crushed potato chips. Yum. We had the leftovers tonight and it was equally as good.

On Wednesday my friend Lulu came over and dropped off our new bible study books for me to take to work and brought us a big bag of cherries from her tree.
They were a bagillion times better than the ones I bought at CholoMaxx the week before. So sweet and delicious. We ate them all in less than 24 hours. Must...get...more....

Wednesday night I also made the last birthday card I needed for a co-worker.

Wednesday night we had the loudest thunder and lightning storm I think I've ever heard. It started in Chico around 11:45 pm and lasted for around 15 minutes. It was unreal. Luckily it also brought with it rain showers so any lightning hits hopefully wouldn't ignite. Thursday morning continued to rain in Paradise. It was just generally stormy looking, but not that cold.

That night we watched our Netflix copy of Transporter 3. One of my movie buddy co-workers thought it was horrible, but we really enjoyed it. I didn't care for Transporter 2 so I didn't have high hopes for this one other than for a shirtless gang fight. It was actually good though. And there was a shirtless fight scene.

Today was my day to make baked goods for our Relay for Life booth tomorrow. I searched around online and found an easy zucchini bread recipe. Our booth's motto is "eat right to help you fight" so I made the bread with no oil so it wasn't so bad for you. It smells fabulous. It's cooling off right now so I can cut it up into slices and individually bag them.
I have to run the bread up to the PHS track in the morning by 9:00 am. Then we have our brewfest in Chico from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, followed by our hour long walk on the track at 8:00 pm. I wanted a late time so that we would be around to see the luminarias lit between 9 and 10 pm. I bought one for Little Man. After watching the news tonight I hope that it's not raining tomorrow night. That would stink.

We're so busy this weekend it's going to be Monday before we know it. Ugh.
W

No comments: