Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pretty Toes

Today was forecasted to be 103 degrees so we figured it would be a good idea to get our errands out of the way first thing this morning. After breakfast I headed over to Kohl's to look around with my $10 off coupon. I found two pairs of bermuda shorts and a cute summer dress. Then I stopped off over at Target. I've been carrying around a coupon for a free can of Maxwell House coffee (up to $5.01), but that stuff's harder to find then you would think. But Target didn't dissappoint and I grabbed a can plus I picked out a bottle of nail polish. I was starting to feel like the last girl at work who didn't have painted toe nails. Now I'm sporting some sassy red toe nails.
Before I came back home though, I swung by the Almond Orchard because I'd heard an ad on the radio yesterday about a artisans craft faire being put on by String Bead. Never one to pass a craft show, I got there about a half an hour after they started. It was a lot of tents put up in the concrete courtyard by the water fountain. They were mainly jewelry artists, which was fine by me. Beautiful stuff, some a little pricey, but nothing really my style that I would wear.

While I was off shopping and painting my toe nails, Chris was in the garage cleaning up the race car after all the off roading he did during the last race. Then he pulled out the Hodaka motorcycle and did a little fine tuning to it to get it started for a little spin down the street.
VROOOOM VROOOOMM VVRRRROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM
Once it got too warm to play outside we came in and turned on the boob tube. We've had Elizabeth, with Cate Blanchet, recorded for awhile so we watched that. Afterwards it was dinner time so I made the Rachael Ray chorizo and pepper meal again from the other day since I still had half the package of the chorizo to use up. I used instant mashed potatoes this time flavored with garlic salt and southwest seasoning and it was still as delicious. That was two hours ago and both of our eyes are still burning from the red onion I cut up. Good times!

Last night we sat down with our Chicago guidebook and made a list of all the museums and attractions we wanted to go to. Then we got on their websites to look what days they were free, if any, and decided based on those days which part of the week we were going to go. We've decided to go Saturday August 28th through Friday, September 4th. That'll give us five full days there which we've already made a full itinerary for.
We've planned to go to the observation deck of the Sears Tower and to do an architectural river tour on a boat. There's also a planetarium, aquarium, botanical conservatory, Chicago Institute of Art, museum of natural history, and the museum of science of industry. We're both really excited.

We have a horrible bet going on this evening. We both guessed what we thought the temperature was going to be at 9:00 pm and whoever is the closest doesn't have to mop the floors tonight. Sean and Tracie (from Oregon) are stopping by tomorrow morning on their way home from a wedding down south so we spent a little time this afternoon cleaning up the joint and sweeping and mopping are the last order of the evening. I guessed 92 degrees and Chris said 90 degrees. It's 8:00 pm now and still 93.7 degrees. We'll see who wins.......

No comments: