Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm melting...

It got to 99 degrees today here at home. That's about 25 degrees higher then I care for and there's no relief in sight. Ugh, summer is officially here.

It doesn't look like I took many photos this week of my going-on's. Monday night I made another of the Raley's magazine pastas. This one was a peanut sauce pasta. Spaghetti with chopped red bell pepper, chunks of chicken, and sliced scallions. The dressing was creamy peanut butter mixed with a Kraft Asian ginger salad dressing. We both really liked it.
Tuesday night was Bunko in Paradise. I didn't win anything, but she had cheesecake for dinner so I still left happy.

Wednesday was bible study at my house. I had a taco bar with all the fixings and spanish rice and chips & guacamole on the side. For dessert I made a recipe out of one of my Sandra Lee cookbooks. It was brandied apricots over a mascarpone cheese mixture on dessert sponge cups with toasted almonds on top. It was a big hit. The apricots were warm from being on the stove so they made the mascarpone melt a little bit hence why the photo isn't quite cookbook quality.
Not much activity on Thursday. Spent the evening at Barnes and Noble's.

Tonight we're watching a movie we recorded. It's Perfect Stranger with Halle Berry and Bruce Willis. When it's over we're going to the gym to go swimming.

No big plans for the weekend, other than if we do anything outside it'd better before 8:00 a.m. so it won't be 100 degrees. We'd like to get over to the movie theater and see Public Enemies or The Proposal. During the summer they don't do matinee price Tuesday's anymore so our movie watching is relegated to the weekends.

Facinating week, I know.

No comments: