Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Brunch

We went to the 'rents today for brunch. Mum made sourdough waffles with her starter. They were very tasty. You could taste the slight tartness of the sourdough in the batter. She also had sliced up some fresh peaches to go on top as well as some fresh whipped cream, all with a side of bacon.
We got to take home some of the leftovers that we can heat up in the morning in the toaster oven. Excellent!

Instead of going home with Chris, Mum and I went to Heel and Sole to go shoe shopping while Chris and Mr. A. went home to do "car" stuff. I needed a pair of Teva's for Laguna Seca this week (something that would be comfortable to walk all day in, yet okay to get dirty) and Mum is always game for a new pair of shoes. I found some black strappy, squishy foam Teva's as well as a pair of Italian heeled sandals. I wasn't going to get them, but they were so cute and Mum convinced me that they "will go with everything".
Please ignore my chipping toe nail polish. They also had the same shoes in black with navy blue stones, but at $65 a pop, I was only buying one pair today. No more shoe shopping with Mum!!

We had our leftovers from the seafood place for lunch today. They packed the boxes for us so I opened Chris' box to find this delightful little treat.
Peek-a-boo! I'm saving it to put on a co-worker's desk. People are so lucky to work with me!

No comments: