Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thai in a Box

Tonight while I was making dinner, peanut Thai noodles, Chris was out doing our daily garden check. Even though all of our tomatoes came in the same blister pack, they are obviously not the same variety.
They're like cherry tomatoes, but on steroids. The whole plant is full of junior beefsteak tomatoes. The middle plant is producing normal size cherry tomatoes like they're going out of style and the plant on the left has grown as big as the others, but hasn't produced one single tomato yet. Different dads, maybe?

Anyway, back to dinner. I had a boxed Thai noodle meal that came with rice noodles and a packet of magic seasoning. You boil a pot of water and dump the noodles in, taking them off the heat and letting them soak for about 10 minutes. In the meantime I stir fried some shrimp in a wok and once the noodles were done I added those to the shrimp along with the seasoning mix once it'd been mixed with some water. The box also suggests that you add some bean sprouts, so I did. I also topped mine with a couple of chopped up peanuts. It was very tasty.
It's definitely on the repeat list.

I forgot to mention earlier that Mum had given us her new exercise bike. She'd bought one for the condo, but it hurts her hip so she made Mr. A. bring down her old one from Medford. I'm not an exercise bike kind of gal, but it can't hurt to spend a little time on it while watching hours of t.v., right? I gave it a breaking in on Sunday night since I'd pulled a muscle in my leg earlier in the day. It works because I got sweaty. Or maybe that's because you're sitting on pleather....

No comments: