Saturday, July 18, 2009

These shoes are made for walkin'

Two weeks ago I made a trip over to Johnson shoe store in the mall to buy some comfortable, yet stylish shoes for Chicago. I don't want to tromp all over the city looking like a dork in my New Balance. Anyway, they didn't have the color I wanted in the shoes I picked so I've been waiting for them to be shipped from Redding and I finally got the call today. They're Dansko and feel like you're walking on pillows. Yes, they're pricey ($110), but totally worth it for a blister free vacation.
Besides picking up shoes today we went and saw the first showing of Public Enemies (with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale). It was good and had some funny previews that we're trying to remember. We were by far the youngest couple in the crowd. There were so many old people you'd think we were watching a movie about drag queens (always a high old people turn out for those!?!). I would have liked living in the 30's and 40's. Everyone was so stylish. Chris could have worn 3-piece suits made out of plaid.

Tonight for dinner we made the 3rd out of 4 pasta recipes out of my Raley's magazine. This was the dilled ham and cheese pasta. Spaghetti mixed with chunks of ham (from a lightly browned ham steak), chunks of swiss cheese and green onion. The dressing is a mix a olive oil viniagrette with dijon mustard and dried dill. You mix it all together and let it chill in the fridge. Chris probably liked it more than me because I don't like swiss, but it was still tasty.
The leftovers will be lunch tomorrow.

It's too hot to play outside tonight so we'll be house bound again. It just now dropped below 99 degrees and it's 6:10 pm. We still have another recorded movie to watch, Jumpers. I think it has Hayden Christiansen in it. Or there's always NASCAR...

No comments: