Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer Scorchers

This week has been h-o-t! Over a hundred degrees on some days. I am a hothouse rose and can not tolerate such retarded temperatures. Ugh.
I had another co-worker's birthday this week, so I cranked out another birthday card. What you can't see is that there is crystal effects (the clear glaze) over the steam swirls and the cup handle.
Also, the top of the cup isn't adhered to the cardstock, so I was able to slide a Coffee's On giftcard in the cup. It was a big hit. The cup is an old stencil from Creative Memories.

Neither one of us had to work today (and I had yesterday afternoon off) so when we got up this morning we went downtown and had breakfast at our favorite little diner, The Golden Waffle. It was surprisingly empty for the day before a holiday, but that just meant faster service. Afterwards we ran some errands since we had nothing better to do. I found some cute red sandals from Payless Shoe Source (over on Mangrove) to bring home.
I spent some time this afternoon over at the scrapbook store while Chris stayed home and enjoyed his newest beer from Mom in honor of Canada Day.
It was strong, but good. He's already polished if off and is now working on a mix of fruit juice with rum and a splash of lemon.

We got "He's just not that into you" on Netflix today so that's what we'll be doing this evening. That and maybe a little scrapbooking. I have a wedding project for a co-worker that I need to bust a move on.

I have to go take the recorder away from Chris now. His sweet musical jams are killing me.....

No comments: