Friday, April 23, 2010

As seen on TV

I had a long and hideous work week this past week. I was having to send out code violation notices to people who don't have garbage service which just means that they all call me the day they get their notice and bitch to me about our unconstitutional laws and blah, blah, blah. Just get the service and please don't call me. Ever.

Wednesday was "Denim Day" as part of April's Sexual Assault Awareness Month. It's in regards to an Italian court case in the early 90's where a rape case was overturned because the victim was wearing jeans and it was reasoned that jeans couldn't be removed with the victim's help, thereby making it consensual. The Clerk's Office sent out a reminder email to the ladies at work and most of us remembered to wear our jeans that day. Luckily, I had one pair of stretch jeans I got in Chicago that I was able to get on so I could get a sticker, too.
Not a lot of new recipes this week, mainly just leftovers, but I did remember to snap a pic of the Moroccan (i.e. cinnamon) chicken with olives over couscous we made.
I spy a tomato sauce with onion, bell pepper, Italian parsley and almonds. It's been a couple of days, but that sounds right.

While I was shopping this morning I found a brand of baked beans that Chris and I had seen on a show about how things are made. They showed how the beans are hand cooked in these big old fashioned kettles from a hundred years ago. So of course I had to get a can. I'll have some leftover kielbasa later in the week we can throw in with it.

I also ran over to Costco today since I had a great coupon for some of my juices, and while there found a variety pack of Sam Adams for the Canadian.
We'll see how they stack up against Sierra Nevada....

No comments: