Wednesday, April 14, 2010

They found me

Today was the 50th birthday of a co-worker of mine and we couldn't resist making sure she didn't forget.
We're so kind.

I had the afternoon off of work to have an MRI and Ultrasound to check my right arm for numbness and my neck for thyroid.
Apparently that's what my thyroid looks like through two inches of goop slathered all over my neck. Good times! Afterwards I did a about an hour long MRI with Susan's brother-in-law. I forgot he worked there. He was talking to me and then said 'you look really familiar'. I laughed and said I'm Susan's Susan. Then he felt like a dork for not remembering. His wife was the one who took our wedding photos. Small world. Anyway, end of story, they don't tell you anything there other than your doctor will get the results in 2-3 days.

I didn't get home until around 3:00 pm and was greeted with this piece of fabulous news:
How lucky am I? The irony is that we just had a conversation about getting selected for jury duty this morning at work. And because I spouted off about the last time I got called there were too many jurors for the number of trials they had so I got sent home, they sent me this welcome back summons. Monday, May 10th I have to report to the court house in O-town. Now I have to make sure I'm current on my shots before I go down there!

No comments: