Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stinkiest place on earth

Chris and I joined forces this morning to run errands, the first one being to Harbor Freight to pick up some new ramps for the trailer so that we can get the race car in and out easier.
I hate Harbor Freight. It is the stinkiest place in the whole wide world. It reeks of poorly ventilated Chinese made crap. And that's being generous.

On the way home we stopped at K-Mart so that I could finally get a new glass measuring cup to replace the one I broke weeks ago. I've been to Wal-Mart on three different occasions and they've been out of the 2-cup capacity every time. I didn't realize how popular they were!? While there, we found a really cool Corningware ceramic 20 oz capacity mug with a super snug thick plastic vented lid to heat up my lunch soups in. I've been using the glass Pyrex bowls with plastic lids, but they leak in my lunch bag every time, grrr!

We're both homebodies this weekend. A co-worker gave us The Hurt Locker to watch and we've got lots of racing to keep up busy. Plus, Chris actually has a race at the end of the month so he needs to spend some garage time getting RalphVee ready. I brought home a stack of planning books to study. I'm supposed to be getting a promotion to Asst. Planner by the end of the year and I need to brush up/learn more about California planning law. My boss is also trying to get me into some of the UC Davis Extension planning classes, but they're pricey and the town is poor, so we'll see.
I'd be way more motivated if they were cookbooks....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Well I guess you've never been to the Kmart here in Yakima, which is right next door to the city's wastewater treatment facility. Talk about the stinkiest place on earth! Phew...that place smells like a porta potty!