Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hamming it up

The Canadian woke up this morning to find that the Easter Bunny had stopped by in the night and left him lots of Easter treats.
Funny that the Easter Bunny only leaves him treats....

I came home this afternoon from doing the deposit at church to smell the delicious wafting aromas of ham in the oven. Easter is one of the only times during the year that I willingly buy a ham for the meat loving Canadian. He seasons it with the most interesting array of spices, but it always turns out tasty. This year was a little horseradish, chopped pepperoncinis, mustard, garlic and a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices. When it came out for it's final glazing, I snuck a bite and it was delicious!
To accompany our ham I made some mashed potatoes and gravy, brown sugar glazed carrots, and rolls. Nothing too fancy.
That's my plate and I ate every bite!!

Besides eating candy and ham we've also been watching Jesus movies all afternoon. First was The Ten Commandments followed by King of Kings. I've got my bible open to Matthew and we're following along with everything they're saying and doing. Otherwise we'd both be conked out by now. We've both got sleepy ham brain.

No comments: